14.6.12

Inca Babies- This Train... Is Bound For Glory

First things first... I want to apologize for abandoning this blog for a couple of weeks.  I was in the middle of moving and well... this blog was not at the top of the priority list.  Now with that out of the way, let's move onto a new review!

Inca Babies were active from 1982 to 1988 but reformed in 2007 and have since been touring/ releasing new material.  They hail from Manchester, England and have released six albums and a handful of singles.

I grabbed this record in a Value Village for $1.49 because I liked the band name.  I had never heard of them before but was willing to gamble.  The cover art had me thinking this might be some sort of 90's indie rock but I was way off.  If I had to describe their sound I would go with "Inca Babies are what The Cramps would sound like if they were all messed up on ketamine."  They certainly have that rockabilly sound but its slowwwwwed way down.  That isn't a bad thing.  I like this album.  I am going to create a new genre here.  I am going to say Inca Babies are Deathabilly.  With this album they have created a dark and ominous album that would not be out of place as the soundtrack to a Jim Thompson novel (If you've never read Thompson, get to it!)  A solid record that I see moving into semi-heavy rotation around the new Weird Wax Mansion.

Glad to be back blogging about these vinyl gems!

No comments:

Post a Comment