18.8.12

Basically the only reason I buy jazz records...

As I have stated numerous times in previous posts, I am not a fan of jazz.  There are a few exceptions but as a rule, I like jazz records about as much as I like the Kardashians.  In my eyes, they are both a plague on society and should be eradicated.

But there is one thing I love about some jazz records.  The incredible cover art.  This LP from Bud Freeman with vocals by The Demarco Sisters has beautiful artwork. Vibrant colours.  Abstract forms.  Perfect fonts.  This is one of my favourite covers of all time. 

This particular album came from the box of records my aunt bought for me for two bucks that I had mentioned a few posts back.  Most of the box was filled with crap but there were like five or six keepers.  This one, which is actually worth like $40-50, deserves more than being placed on a shelf.  I might actually frame it and hang it on my wall. 

I cannot find a signature or a name of the artist but I would pay some serious cash money to find more work by him/ her.  If anyone knows the artist, please contact me. 

Post Script... After a listen, there is one track on this record that I actually dig.  Its called "The Atomic Age" and its a stone cold jam.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the jazz. I've yet to find one that I like. My dad calls it dick-licker music, haha.

    I did manage to score a mega rare Sonny Criss - Go Man! Original press, which is a really rare and valuable one. Not bad for a buck. I don't sell records but I should sell that bitch and get me something I can dig. I do have an addiction/affliction(yes, it's a sickness and a damn fine one) to rare records, though...

    Oh yeah, I snagged Riverson today for $5! Another really rare one that fits my Canadian collection. I'm jammin' it now, and it's not too bad at all.

    DDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nice scores! I have a few rare ones i've picked up recently that I will be posting on here very soon. I have just been busy painting for an upcoming exhibition in Chicago but I am back now and wil likely post about 4-5 new things this coming week.

    ReplyDelete