3.4.12

The Alex Fraser Combo- Live Sound

The Alex Fraser Combo hailed from Saskatchewan, Canada and from their sound, were likely quite popular in the Moose Jaw Regional Airport Lounge.  A cover band that added a swing factor to songs like "Kansas City" and "Rockin' Robin," they were actually pretty decent musicians.  I bet they had all the farmer's daughters' hearts a flutter in Saskatoon in the 1960's and 1970's. 

Plus, as you can see from the cover, they were fashionistas.  Pristine white jumpsuits, gold chains and a well-coiffed head of hair made Alex Fraser the sexiest man in Moosomin.  His backing band had expensive, tailored suit from the local Zellers.  Put the women and children to bed... These hunks are lookin' for dinner!

My copy, which was pilfered from a pile of records destined for a local landfill, is even signed by these Adonis'.  Just knowing that Tom Ellerington and Fred Gastonguay touched this record gives me sensual chills.  The girl who had it signed, Shannon, must have been one of their many groupies.  Their little message to her, "A Real Good Little Dancer," is likely an inside code of sorts.  Sexy Shannon...

I may have to resurrect the Alex Fraser fan club.  There is an address on the back cover.  I am going to mail them something and see if I get a reply.  I will keep you all posted.  I encourage all my readers, all 4 of you, to do the same. 


The Alex Fraser Combo
816 Mountain Street  (There are mountains in Saskatchewan???)
Moosomin, Sask.
S0G 3N0

Stats...
Artist: The Alex Fraser Combo
Title: Live Sound
Label: Self Released
Matrix: AFC-703
Year: ?
Size: 12"
Speed: 33.3



7 comments:

  1. Hey Weird Wax,

    I was wondering if there was any way you had an MP3 of this vinyl. Fred Gastonguay was my uncle who married my mothers sister, Debbie Clark, in the eighties. Fred sadly passed away 2001. I have few memories of him, but I'd really appreciate it if you could help me maybe listen to some of his work.

    Thanks,
    Cody Hoffmann @ Frostynovember@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cody. I emailed you back about the record. If you want it, its yours. Thanks for reading...

    WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hi please contact me, Fred Gastonguay was my father, he passed away, I'd love to have this record if you haven't already sent it to Cody my cousin, please email me at turtleninja@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this a track in my collection and was gonna toss it but decided to fix it and listen to it very good!

    ReplyDelete