10.3.12

Les Atomes- Pauvre Fou/Va T'en Maintenant

Any record I can find from the 60's with an artists name Les ANYTHING, I'm buying.  Les Atomes is no different.  This 60's Quebecois garage band absolutely kills Johnny Burnette's "Little Boy Sad" (Pauvre Fou)  The guitars are super fuzzy and sound almost punk/ psych.  If memory serves I grabbed this early garage gem from a dollar bin in a local record store.  I think it was actually 50 cents.  It would have been a deal at 10 times that price.

Les Atomes, who came from St. Jerome, Quebec, gained a little fame on the Quebecois garage circuit.  Their biggest hit was a cover of The Beatles' "Michelle"  They disbanded in late 1968 after 3 singles and 1 LP.

Stats...
Artist: Les Atomes
Title: Pauvre Fou/Va T'en Maintenant
Label: Capitol
Matrix: 85-016
Year: 1967
Size: 7"
Speed: 45

1 comment:

  1. It would be amazing if you could record Pauvre Fou and put it online. Because I would love to listen to it but it's no where to find. My boyfriend just bought the full album. Or I bought it as a present but I kinda regret it because I love their sound!

    ReplyDelete