16.3.12

Mark Isham- Film Music

Mark Isham may not be a household name but you have heard his music before.  Since the early 1980's he has scored dozens of films and TV shows.  He's worked on such famous films as Never Cry Wolf, In The Valley of Elah, Reservation Road, The Secret Lives of Bees and my favourite, Point Break (The Swayze Express was extra zen in that one!) 

This album features three tracks from movies he has scored, Mrs. Soffel, The Times of Harvey Milk and Never Cry Wolf.  Mrs. Soffel is a gorgeous piece of music.  The synths are really cool but do not overwhelm the listener.  The whole album features some kick ass ambient jams. 

I found this record at a flea market.  I think I may have paid 50 cents.  Although I am unlikely to slide this record into the heavy rotation pile, its certainly a keeper.  You can never have enough minimalist synth film scores kicking around has always been my credo. 

Stats...
Artist: Mark Isham
Title: Film Music
Label: Windham Hill
Matrix: WH-1041
Year: 1985
Size: 12"
Speed: 33.3

No comments:

Post a Comment